The NASH (Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis) Biomarkers Market Analysis By Type, By End-Use (Pharma & CRO Industry, Hospitals, Diagnostic Labs, Academic Research Institutes), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025 Report has been published. It provides updated in 2018 year analysis of industries from Drugs by Therapeutic Area, Liver and Kidney Disorders Drugs, Pharmaceuticals Markets.
The global non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) biomarkers market is expected to reach USD 2.09 billion by 2025, according to this new report. Increasing incidence of chronic liver diseases is expected to propel the demand for NASH biomarkers over the forecast period. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey recently found that approximately 30% of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases (NAFLD) occurred in the U.S. alone. This disease remains undiagnosed, as a liver can remain fatty without any change in its function. However, it can progress into a serious condition, known as nonalcoholic steatosis that may result in liver failure. NASH is characterized by inflammation and irreversible cell death.
Rising demand for non-invasive diagnostic tools for detection of NASH is another driver of market. Traditionally, liver biopsy is performed to diagnose NAFLD and its degenerative condition, that is, NASH. This technique is expensive and invasive in nature. This disadvantage has led to the development of noninvasive and cost-efficient diagnostic techniques such as biomarker tests. It is observed that many key companies spent significantly on research and development activities to introduce novel biomarker tests. These factors are expected to propel NASH biomarkers market in the coming years.
The drug manufacturers are focusing on tapping unmet medical needs for treatment of NASH to capture additional market share. Strategic collaborations, expansion in developing geographies, and technological advancements are some of the key strategies adopted by existing market players.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
– Serum biomarkers held majority of the revenue share as of 2016 owing to its high efficacy in NASH diagnosis
– Gamma-glutamyl transferase is the serum biomarker that is usually higher in patients with fatty liver diseases, resulting in liver failure
– Increasing list of patients awaiting liver transplantation is a major contributing factor for the growing demand of noninvasive biomarker tests over the forecast period
– Pharmaceutical and contract research industry dominate the end-use segment owing to ample availability of R&D funding and ongoing research projects for the development NASH drugs
– Industry participants are focusing on development of cost-effective solutions, thereby increasing R&D activities for development of novel technologies
* PLEASE NOTE: This report will be completed after order and will take approximately 1-2 business days after the confirmation of payment.
Read more and order at NASH (Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis) Biomarkers Market Analysis By Type, By End-Use (Pharma & CRO Industry, Hospitals, Diagnostic Labs, Academic Research Institutes), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025